Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Simplifying

I am tired.

I am constantly overextending myself, taking on too many projects or challenges or goals, and then I'm never completing anything because there's just too much.

I have too much stuff.

I join too many challenges.

I start too many blogs.

I sign up for too many programs.

And, the root problem underneath it all? I'm searching, I think, for satisfaction. Something that will fulfill me in a complete way. And, when I don't find what I'm looking for, I give up on the thing.

Obviously, TRUE satisfaction can only be found in an intimate relationship with our Creator. So, why do I feel like that's out of reach? Why do I feel that's hard to obtain? What's holding me back?

The only thing that could possibly be holding me back is me. My own fears, laziness, complacency, and / or insecurities.

I'm reading a fantastic book right now, and it deals with "closing the gaps" in your career / finances / relationships / health / spiritual life... wherever you might find them. And, it's made me realize that I have a lot of "gaps". Out of a quiz of 100 questions (20 from each of the 5 areas listed above), I scored only 25%. :-(

So, God and I have some work to do. I need my life simplified. I can't keep going the way I am, because it's raising my stress level, which was already high to begin with. Something's gotta give, or I'm not gonna make it. :-?

1 comment:

Brenda (Gately) Ohmes said...

Hi, My name is Brenda Ohmes. I came across your blog when I googled the words "stronghold" "overeating". I loved your blog. Here is why. Tonight I was finishing up week 9 of "Breaking Free" and I was trying to do my homework and research "truth" scriptures to rewallpater the walls of my mind. I was thrilled to see that you, too, did "Breaking Free" this year. I would love to "chat" with you. It says on your April 8 entry that you have an "amory" of scriptures for rebuking and rebuilding and I would love to know what your scriptures are. I was born and raised Catholic, but really have just started my amazing spiritual journey and learning to trust God in the last 18 months or so. Finding your blog was what I call "Being Slapped by the Trinity!"
Please feel free to email me. And I, in turn, am going to join the Renewed Minds weightloss group. My email address is baglady312@aol.com and again, my name is Brenda Ohmes. It looks like the blog I started earlier this year about my wedding is going to show up for you. Disregard. I never did anything with it.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Blessings,

Brenda